Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ring ring ring banana bread


Internets, I need your help. I am in need of a great banana bread recipe. MB and I tend to buy bananas to take in our lunches during the work week, but they don't always get eaten in time. I hate to waste them, so I usually make banana bread out of any leftovers. So far, I've only used the recipe from my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook, but I find it really bland (which is a shame since the zucchini bread recipe from the book is great), too banana-y and not banana-bready enough (if that makes sense). Lately I've just been doubling the nutmeg and quadrupling the cinnamon, but I know there must be some really killer banana bread recipes out there. So, hit me!


Here's the BH&G recipe, just for reference:

2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed banana
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil, butter, or margarine

5 comments:

  1. This is my favorite favorite favorite recipe. It's easy, it's SUPER moist, and very flavorful, for being as simple as it is. I usually add a cup of chocolate chips to it, and it's DELICIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make Smitten Kitchen's recipe for banana bread (sans the alcohol, as we never have bourbon on hand) every other week, as it's really easy (one bowl, wooden spoon) and really tasty. Sometimes I make them into muffins, which cuts the cooking time in half. Good luck!

    http://smittenkitchen.com/2006/11/speckled-for-the-freckled/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Here's the actual link:

    http://elise.com/recipes/archives/001465banana_bread.php

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the one I always use: http://www.mooseinthekitchen.com/2007/09/24/i-just-changed-your-life/

    Chocolate + bananas = win.

    ReplyDelete