Sunday, January 10, 2010

Nothing to report

It occurred to me that any significant absence from this blog might be misconstrued as a sign that I've gone and had a baby, rather than an indication that I'm just puttering around doing boring non-blog-post-worthy things. So I thought I'd pop in long enough to say nope, I'm still pregnant.

I was originally planning to return to work this past Monday (the 4th) if the baby wasn't born yet, but at the end of the week prior, MB told me he'd feel more comfortable if I continued staying home until the blessed event finally occurs. I have a bit of guilt over taking an entire extra week off since it's not like I'm suffering over here, but I also feel sort of privileged and spoiled. It has been nice to putter around the house and take naps and not have to worry about getting out in the cold if I don't feel like it.

Tomorrow morning will mark the beginning of my fourth-ish week off from work, since my last day at the office was December 16th. I'm simultaneously sheepish about the things that keep getting bumped from one day's to-do list to the next and feeling like I'm getting pretty good at this housewife gig. It's definitely easier to find the energy to keep up with the dishes and laundry and such when I'm not trying to do so after working a full day.

I think the dog is enjoying the extra company, though unfortunately he has not been enjoying extra exercise. I hope this cold weather breaks soon, because he's definitely bored on the days we don't go for a walk (and of course EVERYONE keeps telling me I should take LOTS OF WALKS so I'll go into labor). The snow isn't really a problem since we only got about 2 inches, and I'll gladly take Indy out on days when it's 20 degrees or so, but when the windchills get down into single digits, that's a bit much. Also, it's a bit alarming how quickly I get tired at this point in the pregnancy. Up until my vacation started, I was still walking Indy about a mile each workday with no problems. Yesterday I walked him maybe eight measly blocks and my ass was dragging by the time we got home. I do still feel pretty good, but I think my body might finally be getting fed up with the extra weight and the creaky pelvis. Don't worry, body...people keep reassuring me that no one has ever been pregnant forever! (Though, you know, there's a first time for everything.)

Anyhow, that's all that's going on. I'm sitting around, watching lots of nerdy television shows, sleeping for sometimes embarrassing stretches of the day, and trying to enjoy this last bit of time to myself. I'm still hoping at some point I'll go into labor on my own, so send good baby-having juju this way if you've got some. I'd also take crossed fingers for good results on our NST and ultrasound this Wednesday. Surely someday soon this kid will decide he's ready to emerge. Until then, I shall remain round and mostly boring.


  1. Checking back for brachiopod status! Fingers crossed for a speedy entrance. :)

  2. Weee! Look at you -- so cute! Such an awesome bump ya got there! Good luck and if you need any cybersupport, email me (Breastfeeding, bottlefeeding, postpartum depression, any ol' newborn questions, etc.). We moms have to stick together!! xoxoxoxoxo!