New 100 Things, part 1
I realized a few months ago that my three-year-old 100 Things list is really outdated. In the process of attempting to update it, I realized I don't even like it all that much anymore, so I decided to write a new one for NaBlo2010. Here are the first 25 items from my New 100 Things:
1. I'm sneaking up on 30 and feeling okay about it.
2. I'm married to a great guy. You can call him MB.
3. We have one child, a boy born January 2010. You can call him Nico.
4. We have a flop-eared black Lab / Chow mix dog named Indiana Bones. You can call him Indy. Or Scones. Or Snoopicon.
5. We live in a house with really terrible wallpaper.
6. I love to read.
7. I used to write fiction.
8. I'm not too fond of math.
9. I have a BS in geology and a BA in English with a creative writing emphasis.
10. I like to paint my toenails silver.
11. I have really ugly feet.
12. I don't own any dresses.
13. Or makeup.
14. Or even a brush.
15. I love yoga and I'm still proud of the fact that I could stand on one leg and pull the other foot up behind my head when I was 41 weeks pregnant.
16. I do have photographic proof of this feat.
17. I'm not really into shoes.
18. Or fancy jewelry.
19. Or vampires.
20. I do like dinosaurs, though.
21. And owls.
22. I love stars, both the shape and the kind in the sky.
23. My favorite thing to drink is milk.
24. I don't drink alcohol because it puts me to sleep.
25. If I could only eat one kind of ice cream for the rest of my life, it would be the vanilla bean from the ice cream place where I worked in high school.