I'm revisiting an old meme that I really liked. I used all my very favorite movies last time, so I had to dig kinda deep to get ten this time around. Hopefully they aren't impossible.
* Pick 10 (or so) of your favorite movies.
* Find, remember, or look up a quote from each movie.
* Post them here for everyone to guess.
* Strike it out (I'm going to turn them green instead) when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
* NO googling or cheating by doing an online search. Cheaters never prosper.
* Commenters should share the fun and only guess one movie.
1. I swear on my dead relatives - and even on the ones who are not feeling too good - I am your man forever!
Jason knew this line from The Count of Monte Cristo. He's a count, not a saint.
2. If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.
My homie Kerri Anne spotted this quote from Pirates of the Caribbean: the Curse of the Black Pearl. She loves weddings! Drinks all around!
3. You ask a serious question, I'll give you a serious answer: Happy enough. I don't expect much. I don't get much, I don't give much. I generally enjoy whatever comes along. That's my answer for you, summed up for your feminine consideration. I'm happy enough.
Laura Danger knew this quote came from the excellent movie Waitress. She can't have coffee. It's on the bad food list. What kind of doctor are you?
4. Uh... trudging. You know, trudging? To trudge: the slow, weary, depressing yet determined walk of a man who has nothing left in life except the impulse to simply soldier on.
5. Went away? "I dwell in darkness without you" and it went away?
Nicholas recognized this line from Willow. He is the greatest swordsman who has ever lived!
6. Ah! But that is because I am a miserable, grumpy elitist - and that works for me!
7. You know, there's a million fine-looking women in the world, dude. But they don't all bring you lasagna at work.
Amanda knew that this quote comes from Clerks. She's not even supposed to be here today!
8. Under no circumstances do I want you to leave that couch... unless it's to get me $9000, and then you bring it here to me, okay?
SS pegged this as a line from the superb Empire Records. But SS, you love Gwar!
9. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "I drank what?"
Norahs1213 remembered this quote from Real Genius. She only runs when chased.
10. Oh I don't know. If I had survived an old lady ass-kicking I would want to brag about it.
Bibliomama recognized this line from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Give her a word, any word, and she will tell you how that word comes from Greek.