Sunday, March 11, 2012

So big


I had a really great day with Nico yesterday and now I'm thinking in parenting clichés. Where has the time gone? What happened to my baby? Blink and you miss it! Time flies! Heart walking around outside my body! But sometimes things become clichés because they're true. For instance…how did this

(March 2010)


become this, so very quickly?







It is going so fast and I don't know where the time has gone and when I came around the corner and saw him sitting there at the table waiting for our dinner yesterday, looking so ridiculously grown, my heart just filled up. He can be difficult, loud, frustrating, messy, and increasingly defiant, but those moments, they pale next to the good ones. Next to the ones where he does something or says something awesome and I look at him and think, This. This is why I wanted a child. I know it's cheesy as hell to say so, but I am grateful every day that I get to be this guy's mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment