Hey, look at that. March, already. This year is trucking along at a pace that I don't recall approving. Usually by now I'd be thinking of spring things, but the winter is just lingering on, continuing to outstay its welcome. I'm in one of those spells where I'm not doing anything terribly noteworthy but I feel like I should say something, so here are a few somethings.
1. Perhaps it's because Elliott is at an age where he'd rather play with his toys than hang out with me all the time, but for whatever reason, I've been reading up a storm lately. I'm already at 8 books for the year, nearly half of my total number from the entirety of 2013. I doubt I'll set any records, but I've been enjoying myself. I'm keeping a list of what I'm reading in the books tab, so if you're interested you can venture over from whatever feed reader you're in and check it out. I think I'd recommend everything I've read this year, especially Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen and Ask the Passengers by A.S. King.
2. My birthday is coming up and my dad asked me yesterday what I want. And I, typically, can't think of a thing other than stuff I'd like to get the kids. Any suggestions?
3. I was off work today and will be off again tomorrow in exchange for working a big event last Saturday and Sunday. Well, Sunday was kind of a bust because we ended up shutting down early for bad weather, but I'm still taking all day off tomorrow. Nico went to afternoon preschool today because the public schools had a two-hour weather delay. It threw a bit of a wrench into my previous plans for the day, but Elliott and I managed to get quite a few errands done while Nico was at school, then we had both kids' well-child visits. N is 41 pounds and 43 inches, which puts him somewhere in the 90s on the growth chart I found online; E is 23 pounds and 30 1/2 inches and is 85th percentile for both. I was strangely disappointed that E is no longer off the chart, but then realized that's pretty dumb and obviously he's healthy and fantastic. After their checkups we picked MB up and celebrated our tax return coming in by having an early dinner at Panera (Nico's favorite).
4. I've been loving all the day in the life posts people have been writing lately. I'm itching to do my own since I haven't posted one since Nico was a baby, but I want to wait and do one on a typical day, not a random day-off day.
5. I finally jumped on the Greek yogurt bandwagon after someone on facebook posted that she'd finally jumped on and loved it. I tried Chobani and was really unimpressed, but now I'm hooked on the Fage with the cherry goo. And of course our grocery doesn't carry it, so I bought eight cups while I was at Target today. The kids have also turned into yogurt fiends lately. We are going through YoBaby like there's no tomorrow...the kids each ate two cups at breakfast this morning and then Elliott had two cups for dinner. People on facebook keep saying I should just make my own yogurt but I'm skeptical. I hate sour plain yogurt and only like it sweetened, plus I'm wondering if after I buy the milk and fruit and take the time to do it if I'd really be saving much money over buying pre-made organic yogurt for the kids.
Is that enough things? I think that's enough things.
Reading: The Moon Sisters by Therese Walsh
Playing: Make Yourself by Incubus