Tuesday, March 11, 2014

days of our lives

5:15 MB's alarm goes off. Elliott stirs. Send powerful go back to sleep brainwaves to Elliott.

5:45 MB gets up, showers, leaves for work. Elliott has gone back to sleep, is busy earning a pony.

6:30 Alarm goes off. Snooze.

6:30 - 7:15 Snooze. Snooze. OMG. Damn you, daylight savings time!

7:15 Okay, fine, I'll get up. Elliott is usually up long before now, but the time change has fully kicked his tiny butt. I wake him up and take him to his room for a diaper change and to nurse. He's so tired that he can barely keep his eyes open during his breakfast.

I'm with you, son.


7:30 Finish nursing Elliott. Tell Nico it's time to get up. Pump for E's morning bottle.

7:50 - 8:25-ish Pack up pump. Get dressed, brush teeth, splash water on face. Let Nico pick out his shirt and get him dressed. Head downstairs, put Elliott in his playpen, give Nico a yogurt cup. (Nico finally being able to eat his own yogurt cup is awesome. This saves me so much time.) Pack up pump parts & bottles and my lunch. Get the kids into their jackets, make sure Nico has his backpack and show and tell, head out the door.

8:35 Drop Nico off at preschool, take Elliott to my parents' house for the day

(I like it better when we can leave at 8:15 so I can drop Elliott off before we do preschool drop-off. On days when I have a morning school program at work, we have to do it that way.)

9:05 Get to work, check and deal with 8 voicemails and 20+ emails, finish prepping for afternoon science program

11:10 Surprise visit from Nico and my dad, who have stopped by for a walk in the woods after preschool pickup. This is awesome.

11:45 Eat lunch at my desk, finish program prep

1:00 - 3:00 Program time. Yay!

3:00 - 3:45 Worky work

3:45 - 4:15 Late pump break

4:15 - 5:00 Finish up work stuff, close up office, head home since MB picked up the kids today

5:20 - 6:00 Dinner. We're all eating something different (leftovers, more yogurt, baby cereal), but at least we're eating together.

6:00 - 7:00 Cash in a Shutterfly code and put together a photo card for the family members who are on the list for periodic kid pictures while the boys play separately but happily in the living room. MB heads to the basement at 6:30 for his weekly online game session

7:00 - 7:30 Elliott's bedtime - pjs, books, late bottle, kisses, into the crib in our bedroom. Tonight he's tired so he settles right down.

7:30 - 8:00 Nico has picked up his toys so he gets to watch kid shows on Netflix until his bedtime. I use the time to wash all my pump parts and bottles.

8:10 Nico's bedtime, only ten minutes late. Pjs, asthma meds, brush teeth, three stories, three songs

8:45 Pick up the toys in Elliott's room, put away a few outgrown pajamas, take the nursery trash downstairs for Wednesday morning pickup. Take a shower and shave my legs for Mommy & Me swimming tomorrow

9:30 Head downstairs and spend a few minutes picking up the house. I busted my ass cleaning this weekend and I'm determined to fight the inevitable entropy for a few days at least. Pack lunch items for tomorrow. MB offers to make bacon. Is there any possible answer but yes? Change out a load of laundry, which I do pretty much every night lest it pile up.

10:00 Sit down with MB to watch the last 15 minutes of Under the Gunn and an episode of Supernatural. Order Shutterfly cards. Refresh my Carters cart to see if anything has gone on sale today. Look at teacher thank you notes on Tinyprints. Write blog post.

11:30 MB goes to bed. Stay up to finish blog post, fold kitchen towels, poke around online a little.

12:00 Bedtime! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment