Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Uncanny, isn't it?


Last night I finished reading Gorgon : Paleontology, Obsession, and the Greatest Catastrophe in Earth's History. It was a really great book, and in preparation for the review I'm supposedly going to write soon for badgerbooks, I did a Google search for pictures of the titular Gorgonopsians.


Imagine my glee when I found this:







Because, obviously:





I know, right?

(kudos to the fantastic and Photoshop-savvy evilducky for the caption)







Seriously, though, I'd definitely rather meet Brak rambling about the Permian plains than this heinously toothy mo-fo:





Reading: Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie


Playing: Begin to Hope by Regina Spektor

8 comments:

  1. omygod AWESOME!!! I can't wait until I can show my husband!

    P.S. Do you like Welcome to Temptation? Jennifer Crusie is my guilty pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, I like Welcome to Temptation very, very much.

    Have you read any Jennifer Weiner? She's got a somewhat similar tone, and I LOVE her stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:18 AM

    Sweet Lord...that's gonna bring some nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read In Her Shoes and Good in Bed. I've got Little Earthquakes but haven't read it yet. For me, the jury's still out on her. On your rec, though, I'll try again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, that is just delicious, right there. (MSN crying face emoticon to be included here, as I am laughing so hard)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magic toenail was my wedding song.




    Okay, not really, but I wanted it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Brak. And I love that you love Brak. He is my favorite.

    Also, I found this great retro clothing store with real vintage stuff, and I wished you were here so we could go hunting for fabulous bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather, don't tease me! I would give a lot to go thrifting with you... Someday we'll go, I'm just sure of it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete