Sunday, November 29, 2009

Halls, decked


Instead of shopping on Friday, I stayed home and made two loaves of banana bread, a batch of blueberry muffins, a cheesecake, and two sweet potato casseroles. Then my awesome sister came over in the afternoon and helped me put up the Christmas decorations. It's kind of hilarious how many times the tree poked me in the belly while I was trying to put the lights on it.






MB and I had a really nice weekend visiting with his family. We came home with a truly obscene amount of leftover Thanksgiving food and three bags of baby gifts, including these, knitted by MB's mother's cousin, whom I've never even met:


Indy spent the weekend at my parents' house playing with their dogs, and this is what he looked like at 7:00 this evening:


Overall I'd say it was a pretty fantastic holiday. How was yours?

3 comments:

  1. Ours was quiet. My daughter was here and she was sick. She made a big decision about not going to grad school. Instead she'll do a minor and maybe an aditional certificate. She is a Language and Communication Disorders major.

    Have you thought about starting an ornament collection for the baby? My kids have one for every year up to age 18.

    My mother's aunts all knitted little sweaters and booties for my babies. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! Sorry to hear she was sick for the holiday :( I hope she's better now.

    I love the idea of getting the kiddo a special ornament for each year, but he won't get one this year unless he's born early ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved the Christmas Skull

    ReplyDelete