Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Dear drive-thru workers of the world,


I always go out of my way to be polite to you, because for five years, I was one of you. I know firsthand what a craptacular, thankless job yours can be. Because of this, I am willing to forgive just about anything. If the fries are cold, I eat them anyway. If there's a tomato on my sandwich even though I asked for lettuce only, I'm willing to pull the tomato off and eat the sandwich. If you forget something from our order, I'm the one defending you while MB is pointing out that getting an order right is not that hard.

But there is one issue on which I must take a stand, one thing that annoys me so much that I can no longer remain silent. When you hand me a cup with soda running down the side, that pisses me off. It would take you mere seconds to wipe off the sides of the cup. If I get Pepsi on the upholstery of the car I'm driving now, I will NEVER hear the end of it. When I worked the drive-thru, I always took a few seconds to clean off the cup if I slopped the soda over the edge. Please, PLEASE do the same for me. I know you're in a hurry. I know you don't get paid enough. I know that the majority of your customers treat you like crap. I will continue to eat cold fries and remove tomato slices and defend you when you slip up. But I may just lose my shit the next time you hand me a cup with a giant pool of soda sloshing around in the top of the lid. Think of the children, for God's sake.

Love,
velocibadgergirl


Also, for fun:

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:11 AM

    I hear you.

    (I was one of them too. And I hate the soft drink on my seats!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I went to Hardee's to order a shake and was asked if I wanted fries with it, and then when I went to Long John Silver's to order a drink and was asked if I wanted to add a piece of fish or chicken to it... Well, that was the day that I just lost hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sorry, maybe i'm an ass, but it really bugs me when my food is wrong. if i order and pay cinnamon twists i expect to get them, and if i ask for no tomatoes in my burrito, that doesn't mean hide them all at the bottom so that i get down there and surprise, surprise the last half of my burrito is 70% tomato.

    i don't seem to have these problems anywhere else, though. plain just isn't as hard to work out, i guess. and besides, i think the taco bell by my house hires all the people who couldn't make the grade anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete