Thursday, August 28, 2008

Seven Deadly Memes


Way back in April, Suzie tagged me for the seven random things meme. Because I suck and have the memory of a gnat for things I don't write down, I totally spaced it until just a few minutes ago, when I had to stare quizzically at my blogroll and try to remember who had tagged me and how long ago.

I've been tagged for this one before, but it's been a while, so I figured I could surely come up with some more random things to share. Not that I have anything as cool as Suzie's story about finding a human skull. No, seriously.

1. I have never seen The Wizard of Oz or The Sound of Music all the way through.

2. I talked to a woman on the phone today (at work) who wanted to know if there was anyone on staff who could tell her what kind of fossil she had found. She was pretty sure it was a fossilized sna ke head with sn ake skin just under the surface (highly unlikely), and wanted to know if we knew of anyone who would do DNA testing. On the fossil. Which is A ROCK. This actually was not the weirdest at-work request I've received. (I'm spacing "sn ake" out funny because I really don't want her to google her fossil and find me)

3. Things I don't like to eat / drink:  broccoli, lemons, potatoes, shrimp, lobster, steak, coffee, beer, wine

4. I read pretty much all the time. If there's even a smidge of a chance that I'll be waiting somewhere, I take a book. If I don't have a book, I'll read whatever I can get my hands on, including product boxes.

5. I had a roommate in college who always matched her underwear to her shirt. Even though no one else would see it, if she went to put on her shirt and couldn't find one to match her underwear, she'd change her underwear. To this day, if I go to the bathroom and discover that I've inadvertently matched my knickers to my shirt, I think fondly of her.

6. I used to think I was going to go to grad school and get a masters degree in ecosystem rehabilitation. I still think it's a ridiculously cool field, but I'm kind of glad I didn't do it.

7. Even though I like birds in general, and am fond of them on principle, I prefer them to be over there, away from me. If a bird gets within a few feet of me, I can pretty much guarantee I'm going to be freaked out.


If you have random things to share, please consider yourself tagged (and drop me a comment or email so I can read your meme!). Thanks again, Suzie. Sorry it took me so long to get to this!

1 comment:

  1. OK, velocibadgergirl! Come see my geekgirl site when you get a chance (or are really super bored) and check out how weird I am! (re: I accept your meme because I haven't written a new blog entry in forever.)

    ReplyDelete